Make Your Vehicle Look Great
Now that the warmer weather is here, you’re probably itching to clean your car of the winter salt and grim. And with so many auto detailing supplies available on the market today, why not do it yourself?
We’ve compiled a quick and easy list of the most important car maintenance products you’ll need to take care of all of your auto care needs. It might take some time and money to pull this list together, but we’ve boiled it down to the key essentials.
- Car shampoo and conditioner. You don’t want to ruin your vehicle’s exterior paint job, so stay away from the dishwashing liquids and harsh abrasives that can scratch. We suggest you purchase an eco-friendly auto shampoo and conditioner as well. This way you won’t harm your soil and ground water.
- Microfiber wash cloths. Designed to not scratch or damage your paint job, microfiber wash cloths are a must have. Believe it or not, microfiber cloths absorb up to seven times more water than any other material. Use these wet or dry. For example, they’re great for shampooing and rinsing your car. Later, wring them out and use the cloths to dry.
- Rinse with high pressure nozzle. Now that you’ve committed to detailing your own car, you might as well hose the tires and under chassis while you’re at it. A hose with a high pressure nozzle is ideal. You’ll want to remove dried mud, dirt and grim and this is the easiest way to do it.
- Electric Buffer. A must-have for your car detailing this spring and summer is an electric car buffer will give you results as good as a professional detailer. For that sleek, smooth look, use a smooth buffer head with some wax. Be careful not to damage the car’s exterior paint.
- WD-40. That’s right, good ol’ WD-40 made this list and it’s because this little gem of a lubricant will keep your car’s metal trims shiny. It can also hide scratches, clean the dashboard, and remove rust from nuts and bolts.
- Glass cleaner. To keep your windshield, mirrors and windows sparkling clear, purchase a glass cleaner and add it to your do-it-yourself kit.
- Wax. Many modern cars now come with a coat that protects the paint underneath, but if you continue to keep up with your vehicle exterior through waxing, you’ll further protect it. Temperature changes and environmental factors will affect that once pristine clear coat, so don’t forget to keep up with it.
Caught in a bind on time? No problem. Stop in at Team Nutz and we can take care of the detailing for you. Schedule your appointment when life gets in the way. Your car—and spouse!—will thank you! You can even stick around and watch to learn a few pointers from our experienced team.